- SEC Hits Mayweather, DJ Khaled, For Crypto-Coin PromotionPosted 4 hours ago
- U of Az Paid Law Firms $1.4 Million In Basketball Corruption Probe CostsPosted 5 hours ago
- Internecine Climate-Denier Lawsuit Settles for $630KPosted 1 day ago
- A Guide To CA’s New Cybersecurity LawsPosted 1 day ago
- It’s Risky To Automate Risk ProfilingPosted 2 days ago
- NRA, Said To Be In Financial Trouble, Settles Dispute Over Loss Of InsurancePosted 5 days ago
Judge Tosses Wine Bar’s Suit Against Trump
District Judge Richard J. Leon has dismissed a suit alleging that Donald Trump was using the presidency to bring customers into the downtown DC Trump International Hotel, which he owns but does not actively manage. The owners...
- Posted 6 days ago
Pot Stirrer V. Pit Bull
Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s self-described “pit bull” lawyer, admits to setting up a Delaware corporation to pay Stormy Daniels $130,000 in hush money to never speak of sexual encounters with the President. But Daniel’s has her own...
- Posted 9 months ago
Bureaucratic Impediments And Mercy Deficit At DOJ
President Obama commuted the sentences of more than 1,700 federal prisoners, far more than other recent administrations, but President Trump has some catching up to do if he wants to keep pace. So far he has just...
- Posted 12 months ago
Law Profs Brawl Over Trump “Emoluments” Lawsuit
When an Irish law professor filed an amicus brief defending Donald Trump in the lawsuit that accuses Trump of violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution, he got a sharp rejoinder from some U.S. legal scholars. The...
- Posted 1 year ago